[Zope] Hosed up site root, can't access site!!!

Phil Glaser StillSmallVoice@DirectvInternet.com
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:49:12 -0400

Dudes,

I knew that FTPing into Zope presents the object hierarchy as a file system,
but of course in my panic 1 + 1 didn't add up. The fact that Zope let's you
use FTP like this totally rules. The more I learn about Zope the more it
impresses me.

The other thing that impresses is me is the number of helpful responses I've
gotten in the course of about 20 minutes. I am eternally grateful to you all
for helping me to save my test configuration, which I am under the gun to
use for several projects for which I'm evaluating Zope.

I do have another question about using FTP. The part that made sense is that
the ZServer start script said that it started FTP on 8021 and I went to the
linux command line and did ftp localhost 8021 and got in to delete SiteRoot
just fine.

The part that confuses is me as follows: First, when I did nmap on the host,
it only showed that http was listening on 8080 and didn't list anything for
8021. Second, and not surprisingly given the results of nmap, connecting
through a web-browser did not work. I tried ftp://www.sustainsoft.com:8021/
from internet explorer and got the error message "An error occured opening
the folder on the FTP server. Make sure you have permission to access this
folder" It just never gave me the opportunity to log in. And yet, ZServer
produced the following log messages:
	2002-06-20T15:14:03 INFO(0) ZServer Incoming connection from
127.0.0.1:40214
	------
	2002-06-20T15:14:13 INFO(0) ZServer Successful login.

Many thanks!

Regards,

Phil