[Zope] Zclass and Permissions: Delete Instances?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 23:21:43 +0200

wchr writes:
 > ok - there is an "Add ***" permission mapped to "Create class instance=
s"=20
 > per default. i also know how to create a new custom permission in the=20
 > product=B4s folder, how to add it to the zclass "Class Permission" and=
 how=20
 > to map a zclass-propertysheet=B4s "Manage properties" permission to my=
=20
 > custom permission.
 >=20
 > but is there also a possibility to map the "Delete Objects" permission=
=20
 > regarding a certain zclass to a custom permission?
Yes, but it will not give you what you like:

     The permission "Delete objects" is associated with the container
     containing the to be deleted objects and not these objects themselve=
s.

     Thus, when your ZClass is an Object Manager, remapping "Delete objec=
ts"
     will have an effect (on the ZClass content deletion). It will
     not control deletion of the Z Instances themselves.

Dieter