[Zope] Publishing pure HTML

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 15:22:11 -0700

I have a fairly large site with lots of images ( >10,000) that I want to publish in
a CMF/Plone environement.  It's a requirement that the HTML stuff be available in a
file system and incrementally mutable.  Moreover, the link structure should not be
changed so the site can be run standalone as well as integrated into a Zope wrapper.
Finally, parts of the the HTML site need to be renderable inside Zope objects.

Has anyone put together a product which manages publishing of static HTML objects
that live in the external file system?  The ExternalFile product does some of what
I want, but it really just proxies the external files in the ZODB and makes them
into DTML documents or images.  What I need is something that, for a distinguished
class of URLs, simply publishes directly out of the file system (a la Apache).

Of course I could use an Apache/ZServer combination, I suppose, but I suspect it's
got lots of hidden gotchas.

-dra