[Zope] Zope/system/Web file relations

Day Irmiter dayi@peoplepc.com
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 23:45:27 -0600

I'm gradually becoming familiar with Zope and
increasingly astounded. It's capabilities are
breathtaking! One important thing I do not yet
understand is the relation of Zope's internal folder
and file structure to that of the system on which
it resides and to Web URLs.

For example, to what does http://localhost:8080/
correspond on the hard drive? \Zope\bin?

Perhaps related to this is the question of how I
get outside the Zope management interface - i.e.,
if I have a small application built, how do I access
it directly from a blank browser, rather than through
the management interface?

If this is anywhere covered in the documentation
(which I am working on but have not yet completed),
I would be quite satisfied with a pointer to where it
is explained.

Thank you.