[Zope] timeout on external methods?

Jerome Alet alet@librelogiciel.com
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:53:30 +0200

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 11:34:18AM -0400, Granzow, Doug (NCI) wrote:
> Yup, it was Apache.  I changed the timeout in Apache and now everything is
> happy.  Sorry for not thinking to mention Apache originally.  Thanks for
> your help!

No problem, except that this won't solve your problem once and for
all : if for some reason your process ever lasts for more than the
timeout value you've set, then you're f...ed !

I've encountered this problem outside of Zope with a CGI script
for which I couldn't predict the duration. The solution was to
made it threaded with one thread sending from time to time
a dummy "Please wait" document with the content type
multipart/x-mixed-replace, this keeps both the server and the
browser happy without needing any configuration change.

however I don't know if and how well this could be done in Zope...

bye,

Jerome Alet