[Zope] CST vs Zope Sessions

Aseem Mohanty aseem@neurobehavioralsystems.com
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 22:33:24 -0700

Hi all,
Can anybody provide me with reasons as to why or why shouldnt I use CST
as compared to the session product that comes with Zope 2.5.x??

On my part I found that CST was a little easier to use and gave me more
flexible and simpler interface.(just from an initial attempt at trying
out both)

Platform: Zope 2.5.0 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86), python
2.1.2, win32 to be migrated to RH 7.2

Knowledge level:
Zope : 4/10
DTML : 5-6/10 (not very polished but can get the job done)
Python : 4-5/10 (sure as hell hope so!!)
Writing products : Cant say, I was able to modify mysqluserfolder
(removed sessions and cookies and used Cookie Crumbler and CST... hence
the question) to my own needs and it works but has some glitches
(regarding roles) I hope to fix at some point of time. I know how to
write a basic product but user folders seem (at least to me) to involve
a bit more complexity.

TIA
AM

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes