[Zope] Re: Adding Z Class instances from code (was: ZClass and Permissions)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:52:58 +0200

douwe@oberon.nl writes:
 > Meanwhile, during my new setup I started to wonder what the best way
 > is to add instances of Z Class programmatically. There is a HOW-TO on
 > this subject, but that seems to require either the usage of DTML, or
 > an external method.
 >
 > I always use the following code:
 > obj=context.manage_addProduct['test'].testDoc.createInObjectManager('newId',
 > request)
 >
 > Is this correct?
Looks good!

 > I sometimes get an error that I don't have access rights to
 > testDoc?
I know that when the acquisition chain is broken, usually because
a DTML object is called without its positional arguments.

The code above gives no hint towards this, though.

 > if it is correct, maybe this should be added to the howto, it seems more
 > clean.
Go ahead...

Dieter