[Zope] converting a manually run zope installation to a service

Kristina Quimson Buenafe buenafe@virginia.edu
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:28:24 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hello,

My Zope installation now works as a service -- after much
uninstalling/reinstalling of Zope and messing with the
services settings in administratrative tools, and
stupid_log_file.  Maybe having two Zopes on the same
computer was causing problems too.  Again, thanks for your
help!

Kristina

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:18:10 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Kristina Quimson Buenafe <kqb7a@guppy.mail.virginia.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Johann and Cornelis,
>
> Thanks for your help.  I still am getting errors though.  I
> tried changing the registry settings to
> "C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\bin\python.exe"
> "C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\z2.py" -S -D
> "STUPID_LOG_FILE=C:\PROGRA~1\Web Site\var\slf.log" and got
> the error "Could not start the Zope (Web Site) service on
> Local Computer.  Error 193: 0xc1."
>
> I also got this error with ZService.py:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Program Files\WebSite\ZServer\ZService.py", line 159, in ?
>     class ZServerService(win32serviceutil.ServiceFramework):
>   File "C:\Program Files\WebSite\ZServer\ZService.py", line 166, in ZServerService
>     file=open(path, 'r')
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> 'C:\\ZServer\\svcname.txt'
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks,
> Kristina

Kristina Buenafe
University of Virginia
School of Engineering and Applied Science
kqb7a@virginia.edu
(434) 244-9760 (home)
(703) 585-8384 (cell)