[Zope] Performance tests

Thu, 27 Jun 2002 12:45:22 +0100

On Thursday 27 Jun 2002 12:09 pm, oliver.erlewein@sqs.de wrote:

> E.g. I have noticed, that when using 20 concurrent users the max time f=
or
> an answer was generally lower when using -t 3 than when using -t 7 (2%-=
28%
> faster)! This was a totally unexpected result.

Was this keeping a fixed size for the object cache?

A fairer test (arguably) would be to increase the object cache size by a=20
factor of 7/3. That should give both tests roughly the same *total* memor=
y=20
usage. =20

(btw, all my production Zopes use -t2)

> Now I'm going to test the effect of the Object Cache and -if time allow=
s-
> the RAM & other caches of Zope. I hope that the performance curve there=
 is
> a little more predictable.... ;-)

Object Cache performance should be very predictable in Zope 2.6.... the n=
ew=20
activity monitor in Control Panel makes it very easy to tune this paramet=
er.

In all earlier releases the Object Cache performance was far from predict=
able.