[Zope] standard_error_message oddities

Mark Gibson mark@dimensional.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:24:07 -0600

I've been trying to figure out why my standard_error_message wasn't
being called.  Ends up it is being called.

Here is the complete text within my standard_error_message:
---

TEST

----

When I get redirected to the page ( because of a 404 ) I get the
following html which is not rendered by the browser:

<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>Site Error</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY>

<TABLE BORDER="0" WIDTH="100%">
<TR VALIGN="TOP">

<TD WIDTH="10%" ALIGN="CENTER">
&nbsp;
</TD>

<TD WIDTH="90%">
<H2>Site Error</H2>
<P>An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
   </P>
<P><STRONG>NotFound</STRONG></P>
Sorry, a site error occurred.<p>
<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
   File /usr/local/zope/NLADA-ZEO/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 223, in publish_module
   File /usr/local/zope/NLADA-ZEO/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 187, in publish
   File /usr/local/zope/NLADA-ZEO/Zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line
221, in zpublisher_exception_hook
     (Object: Traversable)
   File /usr/local/zope/NLADA-ZEO/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 162, in publish
   File
/usr/local/zope/NLADA-ZEO/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py,
line 373, in traverse
   File
/usr/local/zope/NLADA-ZEO/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py,
line 547, in notFoundError
NotFound: TEST

-->
<HR NOSHADE>

<P>Troubleshooting Suggestions</P>

<UL>
<LI>The URL may be incorrect.</LI>
<LI>The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.</LI>
<LI>A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an
error.</LI>
</UL>

<P>For more detailed information about the error, please
   refer to the HTML source for this page.
   </P>

<P>If the error persists please contact the site maintainer.
   Thank you for your patience.
   </P>
</TD></TR>
</TABLE>

</BODY>
</HTML>
---

So, it looks like something is trying to render the output of
standard_error_message?  I don't know, it's just bizarre.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark