[Zope] mixing python and DTML is hellish!

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 02 Mar 2002 10:18:22 +0000

Peter Bengtsson wrote:

> Oh! One other thing. A clearly negative thing about ZPTs is that it seems
> more difficult to learn and understand. I.e. the usability of ZPT is worse
> than DTML and I know that exactly this is something Zope.com does not want
> happening to Zope.

I don't actually agree with that. I reckon once ZPT starts appearing in more books, you'll
see newbie's using it more and understanding it more easily than DTML.

The problem is that most Zope users have been brain damaged into the DTML way of thinking
and so continue to try desperately to shoot themselves in the feet when they move to ZPT
and get frustrated whe nit won't let them...

cheers,

Chris