[Zope] mixing python and DTML is hellish!

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 02 Mar 2002 10:22:17 +0000

kosh@aesaeion.com wrote:

> > - A site with DTMLed templates tend to be a big bunch of templates and ZPT
> > seems to be fewer with many more Python Script objects
>
> That is because DTML is often abused that is not an inherent flaw in DTML.

Au contrére, that is DTML's BIGGEST inherent flaw. You can write nice DTML, if you try
pretty damn hard, but it's soooooo easy to get into foot shooting land.

> Dreamweaver and that kind of editing doesn't matter to me at all since
> neither we or any of our customers use that.

But that doesn't mean other people don't use it. I didn't like the idea of Dreamweaver
until I started using it with WebDrive over WebDAV. Now I'm a convert ;-)

> Why do you think ZPT is longer laster or more scalable?

It's gonna be supported longer, it was better designed for the task, etc. I could go on
but you won't believe me anyway and I'm close enough to RSI-land anyway...

cheers,

Chris