[Zope] mixing python and DTML is hellish!

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 02 Mar 2002 17:59:42 +0000

Peter Bengtsson wrote:

> My empirical experience has been that DTML reminds you of the way PHP, ASP,
> JSP etc. works:
> <input value="<?%= variableName %?>">
> ZPT takes a sligthly different approach.

...indeed. One which is much asier and saner if your mind hasn't been poluted first ;-)

> Secondly, ZPT "code" tends to be a bit longer (in amount of characters) and
> Python advocates don't really like this.

Depends on which Python advocates you speak to. That said, it's bound ot be a bit longer
since it's more explicit, but as you've already explained in another post, that's a very
good thing :-)

cheers,

Chris