[Zope] mixing python and DTML is hellish!

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Sun, 03 Mar 2002 02:00:58 +0100

> > That was not what I meant.
> > If a second developer three months later comes around to:
> > <dtml-if something><dtml-var something></dtml-if>
> > He's not gonna understand it.
>
>Well you did violate one of the rules of refactoring there. Look at rename
>method page 273 of refactoring. In my case the code would be closer to.
><dtml-if customerContactForm><dtml-var customerContactForm></dtml-if>
>
>In this case you know what it is trying to do based on its name. It is a
>poor carpenter who blames his hammer. ;)

"if a SECOND DEVELOPER thress months later..."
Personally I, this week, stumbled across what looked like this:
<dtml-if v><dtml-var v></dtml-if>

Not my fault, but my problem to solve. A hint would help.