Dreamweaver - ANYTHING!- and SSL (Was RE: [Zope] Cut the Dreamweaver bashing ;-))

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Sun, 03 Mar 2002 06:59:37 -0000

--On 03 March 2002 06:24 +0000 Paul Browning <paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk>
wrote:

> In trying to understand the DW problem I tried making DW's local folder
> a Webdrive mounted Zope folder. As far as I can see DW insists on creating
> a .TMP file (to hold the edits of any original object) which then gets
> renamed on being saved - but then you loose the original ZPT object
> metatype.

Hmmm - WebDrive's verbose logging is helpful.

It gets worse. Before any of the create, rename, delete shenanigans DW
tries to create a folder called "_notes" - distinctly non-Zope friendly.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/