[Zope] DTML sux :-)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sun, 03 Mar 2002 10:32:24 +0000

kosh@aesaeion.com wrote:

> Are you telling me that you have not seen badly commented code?

That's not 'bad python', that's underdocumented python. And, for there cord, I find python
one of the easier languages to understand when it _has_ been underdocumented. I might even
go so far as to say that python is one of the few languages that doesn't need heavy
commenting ;-)

> Cut and
> paste code?

What's wrong with that?

> Incorrect comment code?

And in english?

> Heavy abuse of lambda, map, filter?

Define heavy abuse...

> Almost all of those are done in every language and they all make bad code.
> Python tries to encourage good code but it does not prevent you from
> writing bad code.

Oh but it does, think of the rules on indentation at the very least!

> Maybe a lot of bad things have been built by humans. Maybe that says
> something about humans.

It does indeed.

> > Maybe you're a perl user too?
>
> Nope I have not written perl.

You should try it, I think you'd like it, it's got lots of things that can be used to make
very graceful, small, programs but that can also be abused t owrite indecipherable crap
:-)

cheers,

Chris (who will be ducking out of this thread soon as it always was a futile waste of
time, but I think there's enough evidence in the mail archives now that I don't feel
guilty about newbies being lead down the DTML road...)