[Zope] Re: Dreamweaver - ANYTHING!- and SSL

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 00:22:45 +0100

>We (i.e. the University of Bristol) are trying to decide about which
>authoring tool to support for use with Zope. We have a requirement
>that any tool must work securely - no passwords floating about in the
>clear.

How about this simple solution:

Keep a zope server running inside the firewall as a "development server".
That way you can safely work with DW all that without having to worry about
security.
Secondly you synchronize the development server with the production server.
That can be done safely and might also take a tough publishing task away
from the DW people.

Possibilities of course depend on the details of any particular
setup/environment/project.

Peter