[Zope] Re: Dreamweaver - ANYTHING!- and SSL

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 07:31:45 +0000

On 3/3/02 11:22 pm, "Peter Bengtsson" <mail@peterbe.com> wrote:

>> We (i.e. the University of Bristol) are trying to decide about which
>> authoring tool to support for use with Zope. We have a requirement
>> that any tool must work securely - no passwords floating about in the
>> clear.
>
> How about this simple solution:
>
> Keep a zope server running inside the firewall as a "development server".
> That way you can safely work with DW all that without having to worry about
> security.
> Secondly you synchronize the development server with the production server.
> That can be done safely and might also take a tough publishing task away
> from the DW people.
>
> Possibilities of course depend on the details of any particular
> setup/environment/project.
>

> Peter

Paul,
This is roughly the same setup we have with our servers here. We have
'dev-sites' set up running on ports (+5 or +10) from the main Zserver and
have Apache ReWriteRules pointing to the same static content. When we're
ready to make large changes, we copy the Data.fs over to the 'production'
site.

This does mean that your site can't do any ZODB updates of course.

tone
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140