[Zope] Re: Dreamweaver - ANYTHING!- and SSL

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 11:34:47 +0000

On 4/3/02 10:23 am, "Chris Withers" <chrisw@nipltd.com> wrote:

> Tony McDonald wrote:
>>
>> This is roughly the same setup we have with our servers here. We have
>> 'dev-sites' set up running on ports (+5 or +10) from the main Zserver and
>> have Apache ReWriteRules pointing to the same static content. When we're
>> ready to make large changes, we copy the Data.fs over to the 'production'
>> site.
>>
>> This does mean that your site can't do any ZODB updates of course.
>
> Hey Tone,
>
> How's life up in Newcastle? :-)

Well after the rugby and the football this weekend - not so good :(

But in ZopeLand - there *might* be some light at the end of the tunnel
involving Solaris threading* - so things are starting to look better.

> Have you looked at ZSyncher for solving this kind of problem. I've only just
> started using
> it but it looks pretty damn cool...
>
> cheers,
>
> Chris

Hmmm... As it's a recommendation from you :), I'll have to look into that,
but at the moment - we're going for the KIRSS approach (ie *really* simple).

* More on that when it becomes clearer, but it's not my place to say-so on
the list, as I'm the oily rag in all this and not the engineer....

Tone.
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140