[Zope] Zope message error

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 13:59:43 +0000

Miguel Rodríguez wrote:

> When I try to install zope 2.5.0 I get the following error:
> Permission denied: '/usr/local/zope/var/Z2.pid'
>
> I'm executing install as root in a RedHat 7.2 system.
> Any idea??

Yes, but when you run Zope in this situation, it will change userid to nobody.

Don't run Zope as root, use the -u option to z2.py and make sure the user you specify can
read and write to the /var folder.

cheers,

Chris

PS: Your footer is a rediculous waste of space, any chance you could get rid of it?

PPS: It's also complete bollox in this case: "This message is intended exclusively for the
named person" - there is no named person, this is a public an anonymously viewable mailing
list!