[Zope] gotchas upgrading from 2.1.6 (!) to 2.4.3 ?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 22:35:32 +0100

Shriek@gmx.co.uk writes:
 > Am upgrading from Zope 2.1.6 (sic!) to 2.4.3.  I know 2.5.0 is out but I'm
 > using a VPS so I don't get a choice in version of Zope.
Try at least to upgrade to Zope 2.4.4 (and Python 2.1.2).

There are severe memory corruption problems in Python 2.1.1 and
Zope 2.4.x (with x<=3).

 > Some gotchas I've encountered ~
 > __no_before_traverse__ no longer works.
It was eliminated from ZPublisher (probably to make the code cleaner
and because nowadays the hook is used by other useful services, too:
Sessions, CookieCrumber, ...).

To suppress SiteAccess AccessRules, you can now use "_SUPPRESS_ACCESSRULE".

 > I seem to get quite a lot of "guarded_getattr" errors.
 > REQUEST is no longer available
I can still use it.

 > Anything else in particular I should watch out for ?
Most essential changes: the security policy is much stricter now.
Read Brian's paper on Zope Security (for Zope 2.2).

Dieter