[Zope] NotSupportedError

Joel Burton joel@joelburton.com
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 09:57:52 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Christian Theune wrote:

> HarHar. <aehem> sorry.
>
> You currently found out, that mysql is (on the tables *you* use) a nontransactional
> database system (remember: ACID) but zope doesn't know that and tries to rollback
> because the zope transaction was aborted.
>
> My Hint (no solution probably): Go and get a better database. (e.g. Postgresql)

PostgreSQL is a lovely database and (god, I don't mean to start a flame
war, I swear) often a better choice, but sometimes one is stuck using
MySQL.

Does the ZMySQL adapater work with the transactional tables in MySQL.
Could one just dump the table contents and recreate as a
transactional table type, like Gemini?

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant