[Zope] Is there any Microsoft SQL Server native driver for Zope?

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:58:07 -0500

[Tim Hawes]

> If your Zope is running on Windows, I think your best option is to use
> ODBC. If Zope is running on another platform, the only solution I have
> seen is to get FreeTDS compiled on your system (www.freetds.org), then
> you will need to compile Firstworks' (www.firstworks.com) SQLRelay
> (excellent product for load balancing databases, anyhow) and compile it
> with FreeTDS support. Set up SQLRelay to connect to MS SQL Server, you
> can test this connection directly with SQLRelay. The Zope package for
> SQLRelay comes with SQLRelay. It is not very direct as you have to
> define your SQL server connection in three different places. In FreeTDS,
> in SQLRelay and in Zope. I have not tried this setup, but I can say that
> I have only heard good things from those who have.

You could also look at using JPE python extensions for Java - which work
with C-Python (i.e., ought to work with Zope) - and keep using your existing
code.

Tom P