[Zope] Confused about ZSyncer setup

alan milligan alan_milligan@hotmail.com
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 10:23:07

>Do you have any third-party Products in your root folder.  I'm thinking
>that maybe when it tries to sync, the line (290):
>
>if ob.meta_type != 'ZSyncer':
>
>may cause a problem if the objects meta_type is a function or a something
>besides a string?

No.  No other third party products.  Still getting my head around vanilla
Zope ...

>>My understanding here, is that it IS irrelevant as to the contents of
>>this instance on the production box, as it is the definition on the
>>dev box that will specify the synchronisation.
>

>Not sure what you mean by this, can you explain?  Do you mean the
>production
>server's "Sync URL" can be empty?

No, I mean that any parameters set in the ZSyncer object on the production
(target) URL will be ignored, as it is the parameters from the development
ZSyncer driving the process.

As I mentioned earlier, I am still confused about the purpose of the
production ZSyncer instance.  You suggested that in order to have
client-server for the XMLRPC dialogue, this was necessary.  I would have
thought that merely by installing the product, this was sufficient.  The
destinations would then highlight nodes in file systems much as any other
copy tool (ie cp, rsync, CVS, rcp, tar ...)

What am I missing?

Cheers, Alan