[Zope] Zope user limit?

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 10:42:49 -0500

[mick polo]

> DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF A MULTITHREADED DATABASE ADAPTOR FOR WINDOWS98?
>
> Gadfly just can't handle it. . I'm about to switch to apache mySql - this
> zope thing ain't workin out . . :( DARN because I love Zope so much ...
> pity..

If you are thinking about mySql, use it with Zope.

1) Get and install the data base.  Get it running and make sure you know how
to start the server and can access it.

2) Either get the Zope native database adapter for it, or get the mySql odbc
driver and the Zope odbc database adapter.

If you use the odbc driver, you have to create an odbc data source using the
Windows  odbc manager (in the Control Panel).  If you use odbc, it will be
easier to change to another database later if you want to, but it's one more
piece of softawre to find, install, and configure. If you use the native
adapter, it should be faster but less portable if you need to change
databases.

Either way, make sure you are getting the right versions - you need the ones
for Python 2.1 or Python 1.5.2 depending on which version of Zope you are
running.

3) Use zsql methods with a Zope connection to the database.  It will work
fine on Windows.

Cheers,

Tom P