[Zope] Re: Dear Listowner...

Robin S. Socha robin-dated-1015790604.e02d10@socha.net
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 15:18:20 -0500

* Martijn Pieters <mj@zope.com> writes:
> On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 10:28:25AM -0500, Robin S. Socha wrote:

>> In the light of the amount of SPAM I'm seeing from the Zope lists, I
>> wonder if you've ever tought about, like, doing something about it?

[...]

> There is already a *lot* of filtering going on, including DNS
> checks. And we are lining up SpamAssassin to hook in on the filtering
> as well.

Hmmmm... Okay. That's one half of the deal. The other is that you're not
filtering on content. Which I think you should. This list should not be
seeing anything but text/ascii, certainly not HTML or similar bloat. I'm
subscribed to *many* lists, but this one is not only high volume but
also high bloat. I understand that having Microsoft users on a technical
list *is* a problem, but stripping all MIME and multipart-alternative
would make a difference.

> Patience, please, as the people setting it up are doing it in their
> spare time as a volunteer effort

Trust me, I know what you're talking about.

> (and we first upgraded the MTA).

One of these days, when you're really bored, I'd like to know why to
made the least obvious choice. }:->

[Monster Banner]

Beg pardon? http://lists.zope.org is a redirect to