[Zope] [Newbie] Making my own authentication form

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 21:17:53 +0100

aleciesse@infinito.it writes:
 > Hi all, I'm a Zope really new user. I'm trying to writing a form to make users log in from a site page, without using the HTTP standard authentication window. How can I do this? What methods I have to recall and what paramteres I have to pass them?
You cannot with the built in user folder (unless you install and use
Cookie Crumbler).

But there are numerous user folder products which support cookie based
authentication. I recommend you look at "exUserFolder", a very
nice user folder.

For background reading, I suggest the section "Authentication" in

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html>

Dieter