[Zope] ZClass extensions

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 20:25:51 +0100

James Gilbert writes:
 > What I need is any information on how to define MyBaseZClass so
 > that management tab appears in ZMI
You define views in the ZClass' "View" tab.

Each of these views will appear in the ZMI, provided the permission
mapping is correct and you have the requested permissions.

 > and so that properties set
 > there will be created when an instance of the ZClass is created.
That's the easy part. Create them in your ZInstance constructor.

The difficult part is when the properties should not need to be
created explicitly when the ZInstance is created but be inherited
dynamically from the ZClass. Means, when you later create a new
property in the ZClass, not only the newly created ZInstances
will have this property but also the old (already existing)
ZInstances.

You will need PropertySheets for that (or methods).

Dieter