[Zope] WebDAV, Zope, M$ and implications...

Derek Simkowiak dereks@realloc.net
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 15:27:07 -0800 (PST)

-> After you did the above, you will be in an excellent position to
-> write this HowTo.

	Good grief.

	Why are you arguing that the Zope developer(s) -- who are already
familiar with all the issues and the current Zope WebDAV status --
shouldn't take an hour to do a brain dump into a mini-HOWTO and publish it
on the Zope.org website?

	I think the value in such a document is obvious.  I'm a bit
disappointed (and worried for Zope) that there is so much push-back
against such a small amount of documentation.

	As somebody who does contract work, I can tell you that if a
customer asked *MY* company for a single page of documentation, and I told
them to simply spend a day or two browsing through old emails, they'd
quickly switch to another vendor.

	(And I really don't need a lecture about the value of the
contributing to the community.  I simply prefer to spend my time
contributing to projects where my expertise is useful.)

--Derek