[Zope] Using DTML or Python in ZClass Properties?

Dan Shafer pydan@danshafer.com
Fri, 08 Mar 2002 01:05:20 -0800

I have a ZClass with a property that is a date. I would like that
property's value to contain the current date as a default, subject to
user override.

In the ZClass Property Sheet editor, I can't seem to get a DTML
expression to work. Maybe I'm formatting it wrong, but I keep getting an
invalid date string kind of answer.

One document I read suggested that I could put the date into the
object's constructor method by calling manage_editProperties, but it
made a reference to "if you add fields for properties to the HTML form
on the management screen" and that was just imprecise enough that it
eludes me.

Any ideas?