[Zope] Product Devel: How can I use a function for manage_addMyProductForm?

jkinsley jkinsley@bticc.net
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:06:36 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I am developing a product and I want to be able to conduct some tests
before presenting the add product form so that the results of the
test are available in the form.

I tried:

def manage_addMyProductForm(client, REQUEST. *args, **kw):
	"""Perform tests and display add form."""

	if test1: passed_test1=1
	else: passed_test1=0

	if not test2: passed_test2=1
	else: passed_test2=0

	form=PageTemplateFile('forms/manage_addMyProductForm.zpt',
			      globals(),
			      __name__='addMyProductFormPT')

	return form(client, REQUEST, args=args,
		    pass_test1=pass_test1,
		    pass_test2=pass_test2)

The problem with this is the call to form() produces an
AttributeError on 'other in
Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings._getTraverseSubpath() when
REQUEST.other.get('TraverseSubpath') is called.

I get the impression I am missing an argument in the call to form().

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Jarrod Kinsley
BTI Communications Co.