[Zope] Error codes

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 21:11:30 +0100

Graham King writes:
 > This may have been done to death before.... bear with me.
 >
 > Have searched around a fair bit for the meaning of "error codes", as in the
 > ubiquitous
 > "Aiieee! 10318 exited with error code: 138"
These are Unix (Posix) exit codes. They are described in the
Unix documentation, probably with the "wait" function.

The lower 7 bits code a signal, bit 7 indicates that a core has
been written. Bit 8 to 15 is the exit code given to "exit".

In your case above, your program was terminated by signal 10 (bit 0 to 6),
a core file has been written (bit 7 set).

Dieter