[Zope] reliable RH 6.2 Linux start-up scripts?

Ron Bickers rbickers-dated-1016233217.158e6f@logicetc.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 18:00:19 -0500

I'm not sure what problems you're having, but I ran into Zope not starting
at all on bootup.  For whatever reason, it appeared that python warnings
were causing Zope not to start on bootup, so I made the following changes.
I haven't had any problems since.

In the Zope start script, add '-W ignore' after the python line, as in:

  exec /usr/bin/python -W ignore \

Also, in z2.py, change the zdaemon line as follows:

  zdaemon.run(['-W', 'ignore'] + sys.argv, os.path.join(CLIENT_HOME, Zpid))

Hope this helps.  If not, I'll be happy to send you my two files, but I
really didn't make any changes from the "factory"
versions.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.