[Zope] What causes the community to stall so often?

Douglas Carnall dougie@carnall.org
Sat, 09 Mar 2002 09:31:13 +0000

> I really don't think that people not being able to comprehend
> tar xvfz zope-2.n.n-src.tar.gz
> python wo_pcgi.py
> start
>
> will have much fun with zope, anyway. And I strongly doubt these people
> are the unix/linux users of the "opensource community".

Dire open source snobbery. And **if only** it were so simple
(http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/HowTos/zopeinstall/ZOPE-INSTALL-HOWTO
details 19 stages of the Zope installation actually)

Oliver, were you honestly born knowing what these things meant?

No, we all learn the language we need, at the time we need it. The question
is, do you help people learn it, ignore them for being clueless, or insult
their intelligence while looking down your nose at them?

:-(

D.

--
Douglas Carnall