[Zope] What causes the community to stall so often?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 13:39:58 +0100

Ron Arts writes:
 > The last one because we do not install compilers on production servers
 > due to security reasons. This makes the 'configure;make' step
 > rather cumbersome as I have to translate C into hex assembly
 > instructions by hand.
We do not either...

   We generate Zope on a development machine, test it there
   and when everything is accepted, we pack it together
   with other third party and our own products and transfer it
   to all affected production servers.
   The aim is that the production servers have exactly the
   same configuration than what has been tested on the development
   machine.

I do not want to claim that RPM may not be useful, though.

Dieter