[Zope] What causes the community to stall so often?

Christian Theune ct@gocept.com
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 20:36:00 +0100

Actually - to make this "the-biggest-thread-today-and-forever" I may want to
add some other arguments of tieing (tying?) to an RDB (especially compared
to ZODB, not other ODBs):

    -	Data integrity checks
and -	Data constraints
    -	Customer wish (you can't argue to your customer to be better then
	    oracle e.g. if they don't like to argue. They will just leave
	    off to your competitors)

These are only two (i remember there were some more) that are more tied
to the application itself, rather than its circumstances to live in,
but although I wouldn't even try to speak about "a toy" when talking
about zope, which lets me create very fast and stable applications
based on RDBs. (I really like the way to put queries into their own
objects.)

my two euro cents.

--
Christian Theune - ct@gocept.com
gocept gmbh & co.kg - schalaunische strasse 6 - 06366 koethen/anhalt

reduce(lambda x,y:x+y,[chr(ord(x)^42) for x in 'zS^BED\nX_FOY\x0b'])