[Zope] Strange pdf problem

Markus Schaber markus.schaber@student.uni-ulm.de
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:05:18 +0100

Hi,

We have a pdf file in our database, and there's a Problem with
displaying it.

Using the "native" Address
http://multimedia.zawiw.uni-ulm.de/zope/solill/forum-guide.pdf
both netscape 4.7 and mozilla 0.9.8 load the acrobat plugin, but don't
display the file (the window just stays white or grey). I tested this
with the linux versions, but one my users (the one who pointed me to
this problem) is working with windows, and has the same problem.

Fetching the via wget or via save-as right klick in a browser works
fine, the retreived file can be viewed with acroread without problems.

Also, accessing the document via https works fine, either through the
management interface path
https://multimedia.zawiw.uni-ulm.de/zmanager/zawiw/solill/forum-guide.pdf
and via a https mapping of the native path
https://multimedia.zawiw.uni-ulm.de/zope/solill/forum-guide.pdf - in
both cases, netscape just displays the file via pdf plugin.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening here?

Feel free to try to download the file for yourself for diagnostic purposes.

I'm running zope 2.4.2-0.2 behind apache 1.3.23-1 on linux/2.4.18, all
debian testing packets.

markus
--
Markus Schaber - http://www.schabi.de/

Check in to another world - test a _real_ OS.