[Zope-Packagers] Re: Zope 2.5.0 RPMS was Re: [Zope] What causes the community to stall so often?

Matt Behrens matt@zigg.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:57:54 -0500

Hi guys, wasn't aware anyone was listening on this list, judging from
the archives :-)  Sorry I missed the zope@ thread, I don't subscribe
anymore because the traffic level is (used to be?) a recipe for insanity.

As Paul hinted at, I'm currently working on revamping the build,
installation, and instance management processes for Zope 2.6, based on
existing work.  I have a vested interest in this because I build the
OpenBSD package, which currently installs the software home into
$PREFIX/lib/zope and includes a script to build an instance home for
you.  I want to expand on this.

I don't know what your timetables are, but if you're in the process of
rethinking this, wait till the weekend is past, I should have something
by then.  What I do come up with will most likely be able to be used
with 2.4 and 2.5. and it'll mean you don't have to do it again for 2.6. :-)