[Zope] search for a zope product

Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:38:35 -0800

How elaborate of a product do you want?  I would suggest immediately looking
at the CMF (http://cmf.zope.org) as a starting point...speaking as an
implementer for content-management at a large newspaper web site, I would
hardly think (from my perspective) that a turnkey product exists for this
problem domain.   The CMF is as close as you will get, since it has built-in
support for managing simple news items and other content with metadata that
guides how/when/where it appears on the site...

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael.Wibmer@bmi.gv.at [mailto:Michael.Wibmer@bmi.gv.at]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 6:50 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] search for a zope product

hy,
my question is if there exists a zope-product which implements a
"news-system", e.g. a homepage for a newspaper where each day several "news"
are posted and the old ones are removed ? i already searched @ zope.org but
maybe i was totally blended by the amount of available zope product

also the http://collector.zope.org/Zope page for example is a good example
what i search for.

 :-))

thanks in advance