[Zope] Form validation

Wayne Pascoe wayne.pascoe@ehsrealtime.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:17:43 +0000

Hi all,

Quick question ...

I want to do something that I can in Perl using Template toolkit and I was
hoping that someone could point me at some code showing how to achieve this.

When a user fills out a form and hits submit, I want the action page /
method to check that all required fields are filled out and all filled out
values are valid for the field.

If there are any values that are not correct, I want to display the original
form, with all fields that did have values prefilled and something like
* Invalid date format
Or
* Required field
In red under the field that is wrong or not filled out.

Is anyone doing this and could someone point me at some code if there is
some.

TIA,

--
Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@ehsrealtime.com>

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance
   - Thomas Jefferson