[Zope] Zope slooooowww

Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:18:15 +0000

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:57:41 -0500, "Matthew T. Kromer"
<matt@zope.com> wrote:

>Ron, just to make sure, you do have DMA enabled on your hard drives,=20
>right?  hdparm should tell you that status.  If you don't, then you'll=20
>suffer greatly when you need to do I/O because all of the bytes are=20
>running through the CPU.

What bytes?

The biggest 'bi' (blocks read from disk) is 6, thats 25k/second

The biggest 'bo' (blocks written to disk) is 171, and the second
biggest 32. thats 684k/second or 128k/second.

Never mind DMA; I could be writing those bytes by hand with pencil and
paper and it wouldnt make zope as slow as he is reporting.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com