[Zope] Zope slooooowww

Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:34:34 +0000

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:24:43 +0000, seb bacon <seb@jamkit.com> wrote:

>...but basically, it seems you have hit on a minimum recommended system.=
=20

The previously reported system was a Pentium 233, 128MB, a practically
empty database, and not running much else. Thats quite a bit larger
than the smallest system I deal with....

I run several 'desktop' zopes, where a typical low end system is a
Pentium 200, 32MB (true a few years ago; most have since been
upgraded), Windows 98, with a moderately full database, and running
other desktop stuff including a browser. It does work reasonably well.

>  It also demonstrates that ZPT is in need of some serious optimisation.

maybe. Ive not run ZPT on a small system.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com