[Zope] zope 2.5 extremly slow

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:04:58 +0100

Robert Rottermann writes:
 > I have zope 2.5b1 on a Linux box.
 > To avoid problems of which I have read I exported all folders and reimported
 > them in a plain vanilla Data.fs
 > However a great many operation are very slow.
 > Sometimes changing to a folder takes 20 seconds. When things are slow top
 > shows that python eats up 100% of  the cycles.
 > I am using Zope's python.
Hm...

   Currently, there are several messages reporting that Zope is
   very slow...

   Should somehow a debug version of Python have slipped into
   the distribution, a version generationg myriads of debug output or
   otherwise slowed down considerably (debugging object creation/deletion,
   garbage collector, or something)

Dieter