[Zope] Security Question

Jonathan Bryant jonathanbryant@hotmail.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:28:14

Hi,

I've been playing around with zope's users and roles to try and figure out a
problem I have. I set up a test folder and created a subfolder.

test/
test/folder1

I then create a dtml method called hello which reads:

>>Hello <dtml-var "AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName()" >!

I give the method a proxy role of manager.

In folder1/ I create a user called 'tester'. ('tester' is not a user in the
parent folder test/)

I the goto test/folder1/hello. Log in as tester and get the output

>>Hello tester!

When I got to test/hello, however I just get

>>Hello Anonymous User!

When I log in a manager 'jon' i get Hello jon! in both folders.

It seems like if I use a proxy role for a method, and a user does not have
permissions in that folder AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName() returns
'Anonymous User'. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance for any help!