[Zope] z sql grabbing wrong connection

Scott Pierce patrickspierce@yahoo.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 06:04:40 -0800 (PST)

Yep, I screwed up.  In the product I made a mental
error and give the id for the connection in the first
product.  The management screen for the Z SQL methods
only gives me the one option for the connection I
create in the second product, but changing it here
doesn't change the fact that when I create the Z SQL
methods in the second product that they reference the
incorrect connection.

Scott

--- Dieter Maurer <dieter@handshake.de> wrote:
> Scott Pierce writes:
>  > I have 2 products running on the same server from
> the
>  > root.  The z sql methods in the second product
> attempt
>  > to use the db connection in the first product.
> What does this mean? XXX in a product running from
> the root?
>
> Generally, the db connection must be accessible from
> the
> Z SQL method by acquisition (you cannot look down
> into instances which
> are not on acquistion chain).
>

> Dieter

=====
Scott
"Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has
always come from the subjects of government. The history of
liberty is the history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of the limitation of governmental power, not the increase of it." -Woodrow Wilson