[Zope] Our development Zope 2.5.0 crashes frequently

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:49:03 +0100

Graham King writes:
 > zdaemon... Aiieee! 13215 exited with error code: 138 	(or 139)
 >
 > I had asked you all last week, about what this above meant, and Jens &
 > Dieter kindly told me descriptions are to be found in the OS's lib/errno.h
 > file. Now, we use Solaris and/or openBSD, and this file helpfully says this
 > number (in a range) is used by Xenix, and is thus not documented. [Footnote:
 > I keep all emails, but somehow I managed to delete this single one from Jens
 > - damn!]
You look at the wrong place! "errno.h" is irrelevant for you.

Exit code 138 means "signal 10 and core dump",
exit code 139 "signal 11 (SIGSEGV) and core dump".

You can try "kill -l" in a bash or csh to find out what signal
10 means. Under Linux, it is SIGUSR1, but this should not cause
a core dump.

Dieter