[Zope] change ClassID of instances

Marcus Schopen marcus@localguru.de
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 21:44:48 +0100

Hi,

is there a possibility to change the ClassID of any instance of one
Class?

I have broken instances in my ZOPE. The Product is installed, but the
instances are imported form another ZOPE. On the other ZOPE this
Class/Product seems to have another ClassID, so its imported instances
are broken.

Log says:

PROBLEM(100) ZODB Could not import class 'HTMLDocument' from module
'*WU8K7Rxn7QpPWRZ0rVuizg=='

[ this is the Class ID on the other ZOPE ]

The ClassID on my ZOPE:
'HTMLDocument' from module 'Products.HTMLDocument.HTMLDocument'

Background:

I'd like to change from wrapper-HTMLDocument (
http://www.zope.org/Members/unfo/howto_wrapper ) to the other
HTMLDocument project ( http://www.zope.org/Members/sf/HTMLDocument ).
So I installed the HTMLDocument on a new Zope, made an export of all
wrapper-HTMLDocument form the old ZOPE and imported this export to the
new Zope. But in the new Zope all instances are broken, because this
internal module ID.

Any idea?

Bye
Marcus