[Zope] Security Assertions Problem

Laurie Nason lnason@bcm.tmc.edu
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:42:22 -0600

Hi all,

I have a python script (see below) which returns a list of the parents of an
object so that I can build a breadcrumbs trail across the top of my page.
This works fine - except when adding an instance of any of my ZClasses using
http://myserver.com/EMDB/Groups/Group_20/Project_35/Labnotebook/manage_addPr
oduct/EMDB/Labnotebook_factory

I get the following error message:
Error type: Unauthorized
Error value: Access denied for 'EM Database' because its container,
/EMDB/Groups/Group_20/Project_35/Labnotebook, has no security assertions.

If I try to add without the breadcrumbs in my standard html header - it
works fine

Can anyone help me out here?
Laurie
Breadcrumbs script:
breadcrumbs=[]
myPARENTS = context.REQUEST.PARENTS
myPARENTS.reverse()
for crumb in myPARENTS:
        if crumb.title!='Zope':
            if crumb.title!='EM Database':
                if crumb.title!='All Groups':
                    if hasattr(crumb,'absolute_url'):
                        breadcrumbs.append(crumb)
myPARENTS.reverse()
return breadcrumbs

Laurie Nason
Scientific Programmer
National Center for Macromolecular Imaging
Houston TX USA