[Zope] Passing Dictionary (ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.record)

Ronald L Roeber rroeber1@unl.edu
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:13:12 -0600

Thank you Dieter,
You were correct. I had used 'records' instead of 'record' in the input
tag.  I made the change and all works as advertized. That I got an object
that looked close to what I was looking for kept me from seeing the
obvious. Many thanks. Sorry for the trouble.

                    Dieter Maurer
                    <dieter@handsh       To:     rroeber1@unl.edu (Ronald L Roeber)
                    ake.de>              cc:     zope@zope.org
                                         Subject:     Re: [Zope] Passing Dictionary
                    03/18/2002            (ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.record)
                    11:54 AM

Ronald L Roeber writes:
 > As per your suggestion. I get an Attribute Error from Zope every time I
try
 > to get the ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.record instance to behave like
mappings.

 > get, copy, items, values, has_key all generate attribute errors.
Strange. I can do that. Are you sure, you use a record instance?

I tested with the following form/action pair:

test_record_form:
           <dtml-var standard_html_header>
           <h2><dtml-var title_or_id> <dtml-var document_title></h2>
           <form action="test_record_action">
           <input name="a.a:record" value="a" type="hidden">
           <input name="a.b:record" value="b" type="hidden">
           <input type=submit>
           </form>
           <dtml-var standard_html_footer>

test_record_action:
           <dtml-var standard_html_header>
           <h2><dtml-var title_or_id> <dtml-var document_title></h2>
           <dtml-var expr="a.items()">
           <dtml-var expr="a.copy()">
           <dtml-var standard_html_footer>

I remember that your original post mentioned ":records" not ":record",
then your object is a sequence of "record" objects. You need to first
select a single record object (throuch subscription with integers,
e.g. "o[0]") and can then use the record methods and attributes.

Dieter