[Zope] mixing python and DTML is hellish!

Roy Mathew roymath@yahoo.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:44:01 -0500

Folks,

Thanks a lot for your replies, and sorry for the delay; As usual from
this list, the answers and advice I get are great! I just started a
new job a couple of weeks ago - you know how that goes, so for now,
Zope is relegated to the back burner.

I do agree with the general idea that DTML most suitable for the outer
presentation layer - and that python is best put to use in handling
complex conditionals.  However, the boundary is not often clear, esp
to the beginner.

What might help greatly is a matrix that shows how one might do
something in DTML and the exact equivalent in python. For example,
calling a dtml-function with arguments (from DTML and from python -
that sort of thing). Has this been done? I know there are examples
strewn all over the documentation, but in one place???

Roy.